Finding a place where your kids fit in can be more challenging today then in years past. If you haven’t looked into martial arts, here are some great reasons to consider this activity for your son or daughter.
- NO ONE SITS ON THE BENCH: Students all participate 100% of the time and advance in rank based on their personal improvement. There is not a “one size fits all” mentality when it comes to how a particular student should perform at their earned rank.
- WE DO NOT ALLOW NEGATIVITY IN THE CLASSROOM: Kids can be hard on each other. Even in fun relays, they tend to make things a competition blurting out comments like “he/she cheated.” These type of comments are shut down quickly with life lessons and team building exercises.
- STUDENTS AREN’T TOLD THEY ARE WRONG, BUT ARE CORRECTED: We know this sounds strange, but here is what we mean. If a student has executed a technique incorrectly we will say, “Great kick, may I show you how to make it faster or more powerful?” This technique often builds a student who strives to be better without hurting their self-esteem.
- THERE ARE NO PARTICIPATION TROPHIES: It has been proven that participation awards are actually hurting our children’s confidence and causing others to become irresponsible and unmotivated. Our tournaments reward the top achievers and encourage the others to keep working hard and never give up.
- OUR INSTRUCTORS ARE GREAT COMMUNITY MENTORS: The best martial art instructors are full time instructors. They spend their time in the community teaching PE classes, visiting students classrooms, performing at charity events or sometimes just eating lunch with a student who is having a hard time at school.
If you have not looked into martial arts for your child, we encourage you to take a look. Tiger Rock Martial Arts has been servicing Tallahassee for over 20 years.
As we say at Tiger Rock, we hope to see you on the mat soon!